Shangri La is a 250+ acre space in Orange, Texas, along the waterways of Adams Bayou that combines botanical gardens and an education nature center in a unique way. Imagine a place where you can escape the routine and stroll along garden paths surrounded by fragrant flowers, bird watch for hours, and spend time with friends and family.
Shangri La is a program of the Nelda C. and H.J. Lutcher Stark Foundation, a private operating foundation that aims to encourage and assist education and to improve and enrich the quality of life in Southeast Texas by providing significant resources for the study and enjoyment of art, history, nature and culture.
聚力体育-江西节能变压器制造有限公司The Ecological Society of America
The Ecological Society of America (ESA) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization of scientists founded in 1915 to:
- promote ecological science by improving communication among ecologists;
- raise the public’s level of awareness of the importance of ecological science;
- increase the resources available for the conduct of ecological science; and
- ensure the appropriate use of ecological science in environmental decision making by enhancing communication between the ecological community and policy-makers.
Ecology is the scientific discipline that is concerned with the relationships between organisms and their past, present, and future environments. These relationships include physiological responses of individuals, structure and dynamics of populations, interactions among species, organization of biological communities, and processing of energy and matter in ecosystems.
ESA’s over 9,000 members conduct research, teach, and use ecological science to address environmental issues that include:
- natural resource management
- ecological restoration
- ozone depletion and global climate change
- ecosystem management
- species extinction and loss of biological diversity
- habitat alteration and destruction
- 聚力体育-sustainable ecological systems
ESA publishes a suite of publications, from peer-reviewed journals to newsletters, fact sheets and teaching resources.
The Ecological Society of America advances the science and practice of ecology and supports ecologists throughout their careers.